One of the most requested topics at workshops is color planning. We all know what goes together- we dress ourselves every day. But we get all worked up when it comes to plannning a rug. What is often forgotten is that we need to plan values with a rug as well as color to get the contrast that makes a rug work. Here's a quick "snippet" on values and contrast ... using up your worms and scraps. Meet Mr. Moose-
He is so easy.
1. Pull out greens, browns, roses, and blues from your stash.
2. Make 3 piles: light, dark, and I don't know.
3. Hook the moose from the dark pile.
4. Hook the border from the dark pile,the light pile, and the occasional I don't know.
5. Fill in the background from the light pile.
6. Sit back and admire your work.